An innovative and visionary senior technology and business professional with a broad range of solutions architecture, software development, design, project management, product development, and other technical skills uniquely mixed with entrepreneurial and business savvy. Experienced in a wide variety of industries (finance/electronic payments, eCommerce, software, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, forest products, and legal) with project experience in companies ranging in size from small business to the Fortune 500 and possessing exceptional interpersonal, team building, communication, and leadership skills coupled with outstanding technology vision. An energetic self-starter that works well both independently and collaboratively, learns and adapts quickly to new situations and technologies, and applies superior organizational, analytical, problem-solving and creative skills. Utilizes high level of emotional intelligence (EQ) facilitating comfortable and effective collaboration with personnel ranging from front-line staff to senior executives. Expert translator between technical and business professionals. Quality-focused and committed to the highest levels of professional and personal excellence.
- Technology evaluation and review
- Technical and business strategic planning
- Technical architecture design
- Technical and software project management
- Software development, lifecycle, and methodology
- Database design, modeling, and development
- Internet/web/eCommerce design and development
- Electronic payments integration
- Systems integration and process automation
- Report design and development
- Data visualization
- Software quality assurance
- Cybersecurity analysis
- Team building, mentoring, and leadership
- Business and technical writing
- Public speaking and presentations
Director, Worldwide Operations
- Manage all aspects of retail and wholesale operations in all countries outside Australia for the US-based subsidiary of an Australia-headquartered niche health products company.
- Collaborate with corporate parent's senior leadership team to strategize international sales, marketing, business development, and logistics.
Founder and Chief Software Architect
- Built the ARCheck™ product for AmeriNet, Inc. from concept to installation CD by assembling a team of technical specialists and tightly managing the project schedule for an on-time and under-budget delivery.
- Research and evaluate technology for quality, durability and fit.
- Lead business development efforts.
- Nurture client relationships.
- Architect software and full-stack solutions.
- Manage client and internal projects.
- Design and develop custom software solutions.
Programmer Analyst (Solutions Architect)
- Designed and developed a cutting-edge, secure application framework in Microsoft Visual Studio.NET and C#.
- Introduced spatial data into the agency's SQL Server environment along with geographic reporting and automated address geocoding through a State web API backed by Esri's ArcGIS services.
- Designed structured organizational reporting security and implemented an enterprise-wide reporting solution based on Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created an ETL process to import and convert federal government data from Excel spreadsheets into Microsoft SQL Server and then provided access to the data from SSRS to streamline data analysis for the Utility Safety, Reliability and Security Division.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a new system to track investigations of possible violations of excavation laws for the Utility Safety, Reliability and Security Division and the Oregon Utility Notification Center. The entire project from concept to deployment was just a few short months in duration.
- Designed, developed, and implemented an immutable audit log solution to meet the required controls of the United States Social Security Administration (SSA) for handling of SSA-provided data.
- Designed, developed, and implemented automation to bring in data from DMZ-based servers to internal servers for processing.
- Quickly rewrote an entire SharePoint-based intranet site as an ASP.NET MVC web application.
- Provide complete solutions and software development services for use throughout the agency.
- Lead efforts to formalize standards and processes around the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
SQL Performance Consultant
- Identified stored procedures with the poorest performance and rewrote them resulting in new processing times up to 5475x faster than the originals. In all cases processing time was reduced by at least 95.95%.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and evaluated existing SQL database design, structure, and user requirements.
- Identified issues and implemented changes to increase performance and security of databases.
- Documented database monitoring, alerting and maintenance procedures.
- Developed, maintained, and tested database back-up and recovery plans.
- Communicated with IT staff regarding database integrity, access controls and compliance.
Business Analyst/System Support Specialist
- Specified new bar code scanners to replace obsolete units used in the annual fixed asset inventory. Developed and tested a custom application for the new devices in just a few hours.
- Identified and fixed an interest calculation error deep in an existing process while providing process documentation for an internal audit.
- Recognized an opportunity to replace a weekly manual reporting process with an automated report that saves between 100-150 OSHA employee hours annually.
- Provided primary system support, business analysis, programming/development, systems analysis and design, project management, and related services for 33 applications that are used across all DCBS divisions.
- Provided technical and business consultation and guidance to divisions across the agency.
Senior Production Engineer
- Evaluated, selected, and implemented a completely new Managed File Transfer (MFT) product to handle over 300 daily data transfers with clients and partners (financial institutions), significantly increasing process performance and stability.
- Designed and developed automated ACH auditing used to validate daily bank transaction activity and ensure financial controls.
- Automated production software deployments across server farms. This resulted in reducing deployment times from 3-4 hours to less than 15 minutes for the bi-weekly product sprint releases.
- Designed and implemented the first two phases of a process control system consisting of central logging and alerting with varied language wrappers around a SQL-based API.
- Administered file processing and production processes for data sources, systems, and partners.
- Provided key troubleshooting on the production platform including batch processing, web service transactions, and SQL-related issues. Identified the source(s) of issues and fixed or coordinated resources to fix. Completed Root Cause Analysis and recommended solutions.
- Collaborated with the software development team and internal business teams to deploy builds to the production and test environments.
- Provided review and sign-off related to proposed product changes (change management).
- Managed change control and release cycles, assisting with data changes, hot fixes, and security incidents.
- Provided high-quality support and collaborated with systems administrators, DBAs, developers, and business stakeholders.
- Continuously audited and analyzed data to ensure high data quality.
- Made recommendations on continuous process improvement. Evaluated and recommended new file transfer technologies.
- Led the production engineering team.
- Participated in on-call rotation. Provided 24/7 support for critical situations.
- Provided support, information, and policy review for SOC 1 and PCI-DSS audits.
Consulting Software Engineer (Senior Solutions Architect/Senior Project Manager)
- Managed all phases of a multi-year Customer Relationship Management (CRM) implementation project including Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software evaluation and selection, customization, integration with third-party systems, process automation, data migration, deployment, end user training, support, and reporting.
- Designed and developed an engine for credit card tiered batch pricing (contract data-driven) that handled more than $2.5 billion in payments to non-profit clients by 2012 and was a key component of the technology desired by Global Payments Inc. in the Auctionpay acquisition.
- Automated a formerly manual credit card merchant account boarding process across companies and technologies.
- Provided project management, technical assistance, and data migration for a major accounting system and related integrations upgrade.
- Managed conversion of all credit card processing systems and merchant IDs from one merchant processor to another.
- Provided full SDLC to architect, design, build and maintain enterprise-wide business applications.
- Collaborated with internal business stakeholders, partner companies, and others to envision, architect, and implement integrated processes and solutions.
- Researched emerging technologies to determine their potential for use in the organization.
- Designed, developed, managed, and supported all systems related to running a credit card aggregator, including managing between 20,000 and 50,000 credit card merchant accounts (Elavon, Global Payments, and American Express) used in processing payments for over 6,000 non-profit clients.
- Designed, developed, and optimized databases and reports.
Senior Solutions Architect (Project Manager/Development Team Lead)
- Worked with a financial industry consortium (NACHA) to develop a system for processing digitally-signed ATM payments over the Internet.
- Assumed the role of IT Manager and managed all technical operations when the permanent IT Manager was on a 3-4 month leave-of-absence.
- Designed and developed a credit card integration software product for CTR to use in Epicor distribution and manufacturing implementations complete with extensive documentation.
- Designed and developed eCommerce sites and web-based applications under extreme time constraints.
- Was a key contributor in over half of the projects highlighted in CTR’s project case studies.
- Evaluated and reviewed technology options for client recommendation.
- Nurtured client relationships.
- Led requirements gathering efforts.
- Designed and architected full-stack technology solutions (infrastructure, database, application, UI, technology).
- Provided project management for complex projects (both in project size and the number of simultaneous projects).
- Provided full lifecycle software development services including design, programming, and quality assurance.
- Mentored and trained the development team.
- Kept track of the evolving technology landscape through industry journals, trade shows, vendor events and briefings, and independent research.
(Timberwolf Software and CTR)
Central Point Software, Inc.
Technology Specialist/Solutions Development Manager
- Invented a technique to recover data from hard drives with damaged partition tables.
- Designed a highly-efficient solution to support dozens of active users in a remote office using a central corporate client/server database application over a very small data pipe (56 Kbps).
- Implemented the first client/server system at CPS.
- Worked with Sequent, Oracle, Microsoft, Lotus, and other vendors to test and specify products for company-wide use.
Oregon Master Recycler Program
Certified Master Recycler
Aloha Youth Soccer Association
Board Member and Webmaster - Designed, built, and maintained a new website.
Youth Soccer Coach (seven seasons)
Goal Installation and Removal
Aloha Junior Softball Association
Youth Softball Coach (six seasons)
Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District
Youth Basketball Coach (four seasons)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure SQL Database, MySQL, and Microsoft Access.
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Programming Languages and Tools
C#, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, SQL, Transact-SQL (T-SQL), MVC, Microsoft Visual Studio, and others.
Front-end, middle tier, and back-end; electronic payments systems integration; eCommerce; Internet/intranet (full-stack web); client/server; data warehousing; data conversion utilities and extract/transform/load (ETL); product order and receivables systems; customer and call tracking systems; XML/Web Services; reports/charts/graphs; Customer Relationship Management (CRM); COM; APIs; Managed File Transfer (MFT); Windows services; and process control and automation.
User exerience (UX) and user interface (UI) for desktop, web, and mobile.
Managed software development resources and projects at Timberwolf Software, CTR, and Auctionpay. Provided mentoring, direction, and technical assistance to developers. Successfully managed a project involving a client’s own IT staff as well as resources from three different consulting firms.
Software Testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
Extensive testing and quality assurance experience on products from Central Point Software, Microsoft, Oracle, Berkeley Systems, and DSE Software Publishing. Expert in troubleshooting and debugging.
Operating Systems and Environments
Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows client, Android, iPadOS, Linux, and others.
Cloud Computing Environments
Microsoft Azure, Ionos (1&1), Shopify, and Wix.
Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware.
Microsoft BackOffice (Windows Server, SQL Server, Internet Information Server) and MOVEit Central Enterprise MFT.
Git, GitHub, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio, OneNote) and other office application suites (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, e-mail and messaging clients); Microsoft Project; system utilities; security and anti-virus products; Internet and computer graphics applications; photo editing; video editing; video conferencing; and many others.
Keep up-to-date on current and emerging trends in computer, information, Internet, cybersecurity, and communications technologies through classes, trade journals, industry events, and web-based news sources.
SOC 1, PCI-DSS, PII, and privacy.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (1 of 228 charter MCSD members world-wide).
Oracle Server and various ISAM databases (such as Ansa/Borland Paradox).
Microsoft Access and Borland Paradox.
Programming Languages and Tools
Visual Basic, ASP, VBA, C, PL/SQL, and others.
Mainframe host-to-client/server systems integration, infobase management/creation systems, and HLLAPI/3270 interfaces.
Operating Systems and Environments
Microsoft Windows NT Server, Microsoft Windows client (Windows for Workgroups through Windows 8), MS-DOS, Novell NetWare, DYNIX/ptx, and others.
Oracle VM VirtualBox and Virtual PC.
Microsoft BackOffice (Exchange Server and Site Server), Pivotal CRM, Connect:Direct MFT.
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe.